Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Irving, Texas
Slip and fall accidents can happen unexpectedly, leaving you with painful injuries and financial burdens. If you or a loved one have been involved in a slip and fall accident in Irving, Texas, knowing your rights and seeking legal representation is crucial. This ensures you get the justice you deserve. Our experienced team at David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC is here to guide you through the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Various hazardous conditions that property owners fail to address may result in slip-and-fall accidents. Understanding the common causes can help you identify negligence and build a strong case. Here are some of them
- Wet or slippery surfaces: Spills, leaks, freshly mopped floors, or even weather-related conditions such as rain or snow can create slippery surfaces. Without proper warning signs or prompt cleanup, unsuspecting individuals can easily lose their footing and suffer injuries.
- Uneven or damaged flooring: Cracked sidewalks, uneven tiles, loose carpeting, or potholes can be treacherous for pedestrians. Property owners should regularly inspect and maintain their premises to ensure the flooring is safe and free from hazards.
- Cluttered walkways or debris: Obstacles such as loose wires, cords, boxes, or debris left in walkways increase the risk of tripping and falling. Property owners should keep walkways clear and promptly remove any potential hazards.
- Inadequate lighting: Poorly lit areas can make it difficult to identify hazards, leading to accidents. Staircases, parking lots, hallways, or entrances should be well-lit to prevent slips, trips, and falls.
- Lack of handrails or guardrails: Staircases, ramps, or elevated platforms without proper handrails or guardrails pose a significant risk. These safety features provide stability and support, especially for individuals with mobility issues or when navigating inclines and declines.
- Negligent maintenance: Failure to perform regular maintenance and repairs can contribute to slip and fall accidents. Examples include neglecting to fix loose handrails, ignoring deteriorating flooring, or allowing structural elements to decay.
By understanding these common causes, you can better recognize instances of negligence on the part of property owners or occupiers. Demonstrating that their failure to address these hazards directly led to your slip and fall accident is crucial when seeking compensation for your injuries.
Slip and Falls in Walmart
Walmart is a huge retailer, with over 4,000 stores across the United States. Walmart is a grocery store, convenience store, home goods store, furniture store, and hardware store all in one. Because these stores are so massive in size and so popular, they are crowded and busy during almost all operating hours. Displays get knocked over, debris gets tossed into aisles, and liquids and oils get spilled on the floors all the time at these retail locations. We have handled many slip and fall cases that have occurred inside Walmart stores. If this has happened to you, know that you are not alone. Support is available to you today. Walmart can and should be held responsible for not keeping its stores clear of hazards. They have a duty to keep their shoppes safe. Reach out today to learn more.
Slip and Falls in El Rancho Grocery Stores
If you live in Dallas or Ft. Worth, you have likely shopped in a an El Rancho grocery store. Like any other retail store, El Rancho has a duty to keep its customers safe by keeping their floors and aisles clear of debris and spills. Unfortunately, El Rancho store employees do not always uphold this duty, and innocent customers are placed at risk. If you have slipped, tripped, and fallen in an El Rancho grocery store, you may be eligible for compensation for the pain, suffering, and medical bills you have suffered as a result.
Injuries Resulting from Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, varying in severity. Common injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Sprains and strains
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries, including concussions
- Soft tissue injuries
- Bruises and contusions
It’s essential to seek immediate medical attention after a slip and fall accident, even if your injuries initially seem minor. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately, and a thorough medical evaluation can help identify hidden complications.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident in Irving, Texas
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, it is crucial to take the following steps to protect your rights and build a strong case:
- Seek medical attention: Your well-being is the top priority. Get medical treatment for your injuries, even if they seem minor. Medical attention is crucial because some injuries might not show until later. You must seek treatment for these injuries lest they become problematic later on.
- Document the scene: Take pictures or videos of the accident location, showing any hazardous conditions contributing to your fall. Ensure to capture details like wet floors, damaged flooring, or any other factors that caused or contributed to the accident.
- Gather information: Collect contact information from any witnesses present at the scene. Their statements can support your case later on.
- Report the incident: Notify the property owner, manager, or supervisor about the accident and request that it is properly documented. Be sure to retain a copy of the report for your records.
- Preserve evidence: If possible, keep the footwear or clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident, as it can serve as evidence. Preserving evidence is crucial, especially if you plan to file a personal injury claim.
- Consult an experienced attorney: Contact David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC as soon as possible. Our knowledgeable Irving slip and fall accident attorneys will evaluate your case, guide you through the legal process, and fight to protect your rights.
At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC We Also offer the Following Services:
Why Choose David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC?
When it comes to slip and fall accidents, David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC stands out for several reasons:
- Experience: With years of experience in personal injury law, our team has successfully handled numerous slip and fall accident cases, achieving favorable outcomes for our clients.
- Attention to detail: We understand that cases are unique and require a tailored approach. Our Irving slip and fall attorneys will take the time to listen to your story, assess the details of your accident, and develop a tailored legal strategy.
- Aggressive representation: We are dedicated advocates who will fight relentlessly on your behalf to hold negligent parties accountable and secure the maximum compensation available.
- Comprehensive approach: Our legal team will meticulously investigate your accident, gather evidence, consult with experts when necessary, and build a strong case to support your claim.
- No upfront fees: At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay any upfront fees; we only receive a payment if we successfully recover your compensation.
Contact Our Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys In Irving At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC For A Consultation Today
If you or someone you know has suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to seek legal representation. Contact our Irving personal injury attorneys at David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC today via (972) 529-3476 to schedule a free consultation. Let us fight for your rights, justice, and the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your slip and fall accident was caused by an uneven sidewalk in Texas, you may have a potential premises liability claim against the party responsible for maintaining the sidewalk. The responsible party could be the property owner, the occupier of the property, or even a government entity depending on the circumstances. To pursue a claim, you would typically need to establish that the responsible party knew or should have known about the hazardous condition, failed to take reasonable steps to fix or warn about it, and that the condition directly caused your injuries.
Typically once a government entity is involved the statute of limitations window becomes smaller. You will need to hire a lawyer to help you through this process as it is typically more complex and specific to get a case.
You don’t have to sue your friend, if your injuries weren’t too bad and you were able to pay for your medical bills on your own you might not need to put tension on the friendship. However if your injuries were severe and you can’t afford the medical bills you may want to go after their insurance company to hopefully get compensation.
In a slip and fall case you can recover compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and impairment.
Homeowners have a responsibility to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition to prevent slip and fall accidents. This includes taking reasonable steps to address hazards and ensure the safety of visitors. The safety measures include regular maintenance on their property, warning signs for unsafe areas, proper lighting, and maintenance their outdoor spaces as well.
As soon as you are able to. Getting quick medical attention can help your injuries not become worse.
You could be held at fault for a slip and fall accident if your actions or negligence contributed to the accident. This includes if you were not wearing appropriate footwear for the situation, if you didn’t exercise reasonable care, ignoring warning signs, or engaging is reckless behavior.
While you technically can file a claim on your own it is not recommended. When you are doing this on your own it is typically the first time you are going through this process and you may file incorrectly, or miss out on compensation that you wouldn’t have known to ask for. A slip and fall lawyer has filed these cases before and knows how to get the most out of your case.