Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Irving, Texas
At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC, we understand that being involved in a motorcycle accident can be a traumatic and life-altering experience. We are here to help you navigate the legal process and obtain the compensation you deserve. With our expertise in personal injury law and a deep understanding of motorcycle accidents, our team is dedicated to fighting for your rights and providing the support you need during this challenging time.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, here are two reasons to consider representation by David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC:
Experience that Counts
When it comes to motorcycle accidents, experience matters; our skilled team of attorneys has years of experience in handling motorcycle accident cases. We have successfully represented numerous clients in Irving, Texas, and achieved favorable outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of motorcycle laws and the complexities surrounding these accidents makes us well-equipped to handle your case with precision and expertise.
At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC, we believe in providing personalized attention to each client. We understand that every motorcycle accident case is unique, and we take the time to listen to your story, understand your needs, and tailor our legal strategies accordingly. We are committed to being accessible to you throughout the entire process, addressing your concerns promptly, and keeping you informed about the progress of your case.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Irving, Texas
Motorcycle accidents can happen due to various reasons. Some common causes include:
- Distracted driving: In today’s digital age, distracted driving has become a significant concern. Whether texting, talking on the phone, or using GPS, when drivers divert their attention from the road, the risk of motorcycle accidents increases significantly. Our legal team diligently investigates your accident’s circumstances to establish if distracted driving played a role.
- Failure to yield: Motorcycles are often overlooked by other motorists, particularly when it comes to yielding the right of way. Failure to yield is a common cause of motorcycle accidents, resulting in severe injuries or even fatalities. Our attorneys are skilled in gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and reconstructing the accident scene to build a strong case and hold the negligent party accountable.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting is riding your motorcycle between two highway lanes. While it is legal in some states, it can still lead to accidents when other drivers are not expecting it or fail to provide sufficient space for motorcycles to maneuver. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident while lane splitting, our legal team can assess the circumstances and determine if the other driver’s negligence contributed to the collision.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can leave you feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what steps to take next. Here are the steps you should take following a motorcycle accident in Texas:
- Seek medical attention: Always prioritize your health and well-being after an accident. Even if you believe your injuries are minor, seeking medical attention immediately after the accident is crucial. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but can worsen over time. Additionally, seeking medical treatment creates a record of your injuries, which can be vital for your case.
- Gather evidence: If possible, gather as much evidence as possible at the accident scene. Take photos of the vehicles involved, the damages, and any visible injuries. Obtain contact information from witnesses who saw the accident occur. This evidence can be valuable in building a strong case and proving the responsible party’s negligence.
- Contact an experienced Irving motorcycle accident attorney: Navigating the legal process can be complex, especially when dealing with motorcycle accidents. It is essential to contact an experienced attorney who has a great bit of experience in personal injury and motorcycle accident cases. At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC, we are well-versed in Texas motorcycle laws and have a track record of achieving favorable client outcomes. We will handle the legal complexities while you focus on your recovery.
At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC We Also offer the Following Services:
Types of Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for various damages, including:
Compensation should cover all medical expenses related to your injuries, including emergency medical care, hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitation, medication, and ongoing treatment. Keeping a record of all medical expenses is essential for accurately calculating the compensation you deserve.
You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working. This includes not only the income you have already lost but also potential future earnings if your injuries result in long-term disability or reduced earning capacity.
Pain and Suffering
Motorcycle accidents can cause emotional distress, physical pain, and a diminished quality of life. Compensation for pain and suffering aims to provide financial relief for these non-economic damages. Calculating pain and suffering is complex and often requires the expertise of an experienced attorney.
A motorcycle accident may result in damage to property and the motorcycle. In such a case, the motorcycle and property owner may be entitled to compensation for repairs or replacement, depending on who is at fault. Documenting the extent of the damage and obtaining repair estimates can support your property damage claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
In cases where a motorcycle accident results in a fatality, the surviving family members may pursue a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and emotional distress.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys In Irving At David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC For A Consultation Today
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, do not delay seeking legal assistance. Contact David Sanchez Law Group, PLLC today to schedule a consultation with our experienced Irving personal injury attorneys. We are dedicated to protecting your rights, fighting for your best interests, and obtaining the compensation you deserve. Call (972) 529-3476 today to schedule your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Motorcycles are indeed becoming more common in Texas. Texas has a large and active motorcycle community, and the number of registered motorcycles in the state has been steadily increasing over the years.
After a motorcycle accident you can fight for compensation depending on your specific circumstances. The most common types of compensation are awarded for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damages, and punitive damages.
While it is not required by law for all persons over 21 to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle in Texas, in order to not wear one you must have gone through a motorcycle safety course or carry a high level of insurance.
If you were not found at fault for the accident it will typically fall on the at fault party’s insurance company to pay your medical bills.
If the person who hit you doesn’t have insurance in Texas, it can complicate the process of seeking compensation. However, you may still have options for pursuing a claim. In Texas, uninsured motorist coverage is required by law unless it is explicitly rejected in writing. This coverage can provide compensation for your injuries and damages caused by an uninsured driver.
If your motorcycle accident was a hit and run, it can make the process of pursuing a case more challenging, but you may still have options for seeking compensation. It’s important to take immediate action by reporting the hit and run to the police and gathering any available evidence, such as witness statements or surveillance footage.
In Texas, both car and motorcycle insurance are required by law. Motorcycle riders are required to have liability insurance to cover bodily injuries you could cause to others.
For the first meeting with your attorney you will want to bring with you anything that pertains to your accident. This includes police reports, photos of the accident, photos of your injuries, medical records, your insurance policy, any documents that spell out how much lost wages you have, and anything else that is relevant to your case.
Yes, your attorney can speak to your insurance company on your behalf. In fact, it is often recommended to have your attorney handle communications with insurance companies to ensure your rights are protected and to avoid potential pitfalls.
While a motorcycle accident can happen at any time on any day, the most common times are during the warmer weather and one weekends.